Location: Chicago or Detroit Area, US
Reports to: CCO
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an Account Manager with an outstanding track record in the automotive industry to manage and develop successful customer relationships for key accounts in the US. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (based in the UK), the person will act as the primary contact for a growing number of automotive customers as the company scales up to deliver in the US. The successful candidate will work closely with our service and delivery partner, Wallenius Wilhelmsen who has boots on the ground, and facilities, across the US.
Whilst the role is primarily account management, the role also includes elements of business development, supporting sales to new clients, and developing new opportunities and revenue streams. The ideal candidate would have an outstanding track record in the automotive sector working for an OEM or supplier, and be able to demonstrate an ability to build long-term relationships and deliver customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning British company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate as the primary point of contact for existing and new customers in North America.
- Identify opportunities to grow business with each existing account.
- Prospect new customers to grow the sales pipeline and order book.
- Put in place a strategy to deliver revenue growth against targets, monitor progress and report back.
- Negotiate contracts and terms with customers to secure long-term relationships.
- Work closely with external partners, and the Operations and Engineering teams to deliver outstanding levels of customer service.
- Act as the voice of the customer in product meetings, identifying pain points and opportunities to improve the company’s services and products.
- Support the planning and delivery of customer projects, including providing training to clients.
- Organise and attend sales meetings, and prepare presentations to explain the use case and value proposition.
- Undertake site visits and identify customer requirements.
- Develop SOW and SLA documents for all new customers.
- Clearly communicate client needs and requests and ensure timely responses.
- Forecast and track client account metrics.
- Travel at short notice to customer locations if the need arises.
- Keep detailed records of client transactions and provide regular reports to Head Office.
- An outstanding track record in the automotive sector, either as part of an OEM or supplier.
- Able to demonstrate the account management and business development skills necessary to manage complex stakeholder relationships and grow revenues.
- Relevant degree (e.g., business or engineering), or able to demonstrate equivalent skillset.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Empathy – understands customer requirements and reacts quickly to resolve problems.
- Transparent – creates trust with stakeholders to build long-term relationships.
- Collaborative – maintains clear and regular communication with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast-paced, changing and opportunity-rich environment.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and using data in decision making.
Competitive salary and benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (early/late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months of service.
Please apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.