C# Software Developer / Engineer
Location: Exeter – Remote Working Possible
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an outstanding C# Software Developer or Engineer to develop the company’s image capture software. DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company in the software and AI sector with a range of blue-chip corporate clients, implementing innovative vision and damage detection systems. As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase, the company plans to expand its team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
The successful candidate will be involved across the technology stack but primarily be responsible for building and maintaining software to capture images from back-end window services to client-facing counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to develop, design and maintain these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure that interface to create the overall solution. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving and a quality product is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation.
- Keep abreast of modern development technologies and practices.
- Provide support out of hours when necessary.
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Familiarity with the .NET framework.
- Skill for writing clean, readable C# code and reusable C# libraries.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Message Queuing.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or Mercurial.
- Knowledge of Amazon web services.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with agile product development.
- Knowledge and experience with system/electronic engineering.
- Experience with programming against PLCs.
- Experience with error logging and monitoring services – Site 24/7, Sentry, Rollbar etc.
- Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server – Database design, querying and optimisation.
- Knowledge and experience of SQLite – querying and optimisation.
- DevOps skills, Terraform.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Quality – has a strong quality ethos, checking and ensuring performance.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexible – thriving in a fast-paced, changing and opportunity-rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible on early/late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays).
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension auto-enrolment after 3 months of service.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.