Job Title: Content Designer
Location: Exeter or Hybrid
Reports to: Content/Marketing Manager
Salary: Part or Full Time, Competitive
About the Company:
DeGould is looking for an outstanding Content Designer to join the Commercial team in Exeter. They will create a wide range of visual content and ensure that a consistent design language is used across a wide range of media and outputs. The successful candidate will also work with the Product and Technical teams to both build a detailed understanding of the customer and how DeGould’s products benefit them, as well as creating visual design elements that enhance the company’s products.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of technology and AI, helping to communicate cutting edge concepts, and influencing the design of the company’s products.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients. As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working can be agreed.
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays).
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension auto enrolment after 3 months service.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the communication design strategy and ensure it is implemented consistently across the company’s communication.
- Create a wide range of visual content, including:
- diagrams, illustrations and infographics;
- presentations, product datasheets and explainers;
- website design, style and layout;
- product documentation, training guides and instructions;
- photos, videos and infographics;
- sales collateral and presentations; and,
- create icons, layouts and software graphics.
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Technical team to understand the product and its performance.
- Support and collaborate with the UX Designers in order to develop layouts and create visual elements for the company’s products.
- Ensure content and collateral is high quality up to date, factual, consistent and on brand.
- Work with external collaborators to commission content, e.g., videos or press releases.
- A weekly report tracking the agreed KPIs to the commercial team and Chief Commercial Officer.
- Keep detailed records of customer marketing related activity in the form of CRM where relevant.
- Manage all activities in accordance with ISO9001 and 140001.
- Manage all activities in accordance with procurement, expense and H&S policies.
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required to fulfil DeGould’s commitments to customers and achieve the overall objectives of the business.
- A relevant degree in a visual design subject, or able to demonstrate an equivalent skillset.
- Excellent visual design and layout skills across a wide range of media.
- The ability to illustrate technical concepts and data through the use of infographics, diagrams and explainers, both static and animated.
- Fluent in relevant visual design and layout software tools such as InDesign or Photoshop.
- An appreciation of what is required to create professional photography and video content.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Effective verbal, written and visual communicator in a clear, concise and diplomatic manner.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Empathy – able to put themselves in the shoes of others.
- Creative – open to new ideas and demonstrate good design skills in their work.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexible – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.