Data Labeller / Data Engineer
Job Title: Data Labeller / Data Engineer
Company: DeGould, Exeter
Location: Exeter (office based)
Reports to: Data Manager
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
As part of this expansion, DeGould is looking for an outstanding Data Labeller / Data Engineer to work within the Machine Learning team to deliver a high-quality flow of image data from product to machine learning models. The Data Labeller / Data Engineer will support the training of machine learning models by accurately categorising content, labelling images, annotating data and analysing results to identify insights and trends. The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver with an eye for detail, have high standards for quality, and a real desire to work with a product data pipeline. The successful candidate will work with a team over 20 engineers.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Labelling and annotating images by drawing boxes to highlight areas of interest.
- Report and document issues with data annotation and discuss solutions to improve the data pipeline.
- Work with the team to assess and improve the accuracy of machine learning models
- Contribute to workflow process and policy improvements for effective image data management.
- Setting up image annotation and labelling pipelines for use in machine learning applications.
- Implement techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy.
- Analyse datasets to extract insights and trends, preparing reports to disseminate the results.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems with customer feedback.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Desire to improve processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Empathy with customer experiences and feedback.
- Familiarity with AWS S3, Python.
- Experience with labelling tools such as Labelbox, CVAT, or AWS Groundtruth.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.