Head of Operations
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
The Head of Operations will take overall responsibility for the Operations function and deliver an efficient and outstanding, high-quality service in response to customer needs. They will build new processes and improve existing ones to ensure the Operations team have the tools they need to succeed, always tracking progress against the agreed KPIs. The Head of Operations will lead by example, in order to deliver on customer promises, by fulfilling customer orders and converting the order book to revenue.
The Head of Operations will be required to work at sites across the UK and internationally. Working away from the office will be required, the frequency and length of time will be dependent on the projects being carried out with the objective of reducing over time as partners come on board to service overseas customers. Accommodation and expenses will be paid by the company whilst you are away.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main deliverables of the role are:
- The efficient and timely delivery of customer promises, including delivering installs, servicing, providing support and fault finding.
- Successfully managing customer relationships to ensure they are kept informed.
- A weekly report for the Head of Operations and CEO against the agreed KPIs.
- Ensure the team comply with all DeGould and customer processes, including meeting standards for quality control, accounting, H&S and documentation.
Detailed duties of the role include:
- Develop and execute business strategy to deliver exceptional service.
- Ensuring the department has all the resources to meet its objectives within the financial parameters set.
- Setting and managing operational budgets.
- Setting clear expectations for what is expected from each member of the team.
- Regular review of key individuals’ performance against these objectives.
- Measure performance on a daily basis and provide weekly metric updates to the CEO.
- Develop and mentor the team to become leaders and inspire success.
- Leading by example by incorporating company culture and values in everyday behaviours.
- Leverage key success metrics to drive customer satisfaction and overall operational efficiency.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Finance and Commercial teams to maintain an efficient business operation while creating a consistent and elevated brand experience for our customers.
- Manage key account relationships and pitch in to deliver installs, servicing and support.
- Putting in place steps to ensure the team maintain a positive image at all times.
- Enhance workflows to enable a customer-centric business approach to business.
- Develop and implement the necessary policies and procedures to manage customer relationships.
- Develop and implement the necessary policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all stakeholders.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO9001 and 140001.
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required to fulfil DeGould’s commitments to customers and achieve the overall objectives of the business.
- Able to demonstrate an outstanding leadership and management skill set within the context of an operational role and the service industry.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and agile moving between planning and execution.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Effective verbal, written and visual communicator in a clear, concise and diplomatic manner.
- Emotionally intelligent, high level of self-awareness, empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Drive and determination to get the job done.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Knowledge of quality control or health and safety requirements.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour,
accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Leadership – leads by example through their own behaviour.
- Creative – open to new ideas and unafraid to try new approaches.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and using data in decision-making.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast-paced, changing and opportunity-rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Competitive salary and benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (early/late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months of service.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.