Job Title: Production Engineer / Electrical / Mechanical
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Salary: Full Time, From £33k
DeGould is looking for a highly motivated Production Engineer to work within the Engineering team on the design, engineering and production of the company’s products. The successful candidate will work closely with the Production Scheduler and Engineering team to drive design improvements, set and measure quality, coordinate production and lead on Environment, Health and Safety (EHS). They will ensure that DeGould’s products are built to the required standards, on time and to cost.
The ideal candidate would combine a keen eye for detail with excellent technical and soft skills. Through their previous professional experience, they should be able to demonstrate an outstanding track record for developing and delivering new products, including putting in place processes to scale production and monitor quality.
About the Company:
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients. As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working can be agreed.
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays).
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension auto enrolment after 3 months service.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create technical product specifications collaborating with Engineering team and suppliers.
- Measure the gap between current product performance, quality and the product specification.
- Work with the wider Engineering and Technical teams to drive improvements to the company’s products.
- Where appropriate identify, test and implement design improvements to existing products.
- Own the engineering drawings, document pack and technical file for all relevant products.
- Lead new supplier identification, qualification, onboarding, and development.
- Identify risks in the supply chain and production schedule, identify and take mitigating actions.
- Setting and achieving cost targets, deflation targets through design optimisation and the supply chain.
- Identify and implement strategies for assembly, commissioning and quality control.
- Pitch in and help build, install and support installations.
- Working with logistic companies on the packing and shipping of finished systems and large items.
- Collaborate with the Research and Design teams to ensure production and quality are considered early in the development of new products.
- Ownership of all relevant CAPAs within the Engineering team.
- Taking the lead on ISO9001 & ISO14001 reviews and audits.
- Manage all regulatory compliance (CE / UKCA Mark, UL, GVOSS etc).
- Establish and continuously improve key EHS and risk assessment processes.
- Work closely with the company’s CEO to ensure that best practise is disseminated across the organisation.
- Any other tasks that might be reasonably required to meet the company’s objectives.
- A first-class technical skillset in a relevant discipline (e.g. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering), and / or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent technical skill set through professional achievements.
- Track record in a precision manufacturing environment, preferably industrial or automotive.
- A track record of working with the supply chain to source suppliers, demonstrate value and reduce risk.
- Good understanding of product accreditation, quality assurance and design quality standards.
- Able to use CAD (ideally SolidWorks), create and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, their pros and cons, including tolerances.
- A desire to put in place processes and policies to enable the business to scale and achieve KPIs (e.g. cost reduction or business improvements).
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Empathy – able to put themselves in the shoes of others.
- Creative – open to new ideas and demonstrate good design skills in their work.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexible – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.