Job Title: Installation Engineer
Company: DeGould, Exeter
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
As an Installation Engineer, you will take a lead on the installations (Mechanical and Electrical), making things happen on site as well as working in the office to track and manage projects. The role will be hands on and involve working both on-site and off-site with a view of gaining growing independence.
The Installation Engineer will be required to work at major automotive manufacturers across the globe.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively managing customer expectations with clear and accurate communication.
- Delivering against the agreed project KPIs, including time and cost.
- Ensuring a positive image at all times by making sure uniforms, vehicles, equipment and workplaces are organised and clean.
- Checking and validating the statement of work, organising any site-specific setup and installation steps.
- Validating QA tests have been correctly completed.
- Delivering the install and commissioning, ensuring customer sign off and handover.
- Ongoing support and maintenance including providing out of hours support by being ‘on call’;
- Executing tasks on site and in the workshop, including electrical component assembly and testing.
- Collaborating with other teams to continuously improve the company’s products and develop new ones.
- Testing new ideas and helping to run experiments both in the field and the lab.
- Keeping accurate records in accordance with the DeGould’s CRM, ISO9001 and 140001 standards.
- Supporting testing and preparing documentation to meet accreditation requirements.
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required to fulfil DeGould’s commitments to customers and achieve the overall objectives of the business
- Full UK Driver’s License with residency in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.
- Basic Electrical and Mechanical Skills
- Use and knowledge of both electrical and mechanical hand tools
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Drive and determination to get the job done.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Experience of quality control or health and safety requirements.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.