Reports to: Senior Engineer (Installation)
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
As an Installation Engineer, you will take a lead on the installations, making things happen on-site as well as working in the office to track and manage projects. Your objective will be to deliver on customer promises, by fulfilling customer orders and converting the order book to revenue. The role will be hands-on and involve working both on-site and off-site with a view to gaining growing independence. There will also be increasing management responsibilities in line with the delivery of customer projects.
The Installation Engineer will be required to work at sites across the UK and internationally. Working away from the office will be required, the frequency and length of time will be dependent on the projects being carried out with the objective of reducing overtime as partners come on board to service overseas customers. Accommodation and expenses will be paid by the company whilst you are away.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main deliverables of the role are:
- Conducting surveys, installing and commissioning the company’s products at customer sites.
- Undertaking routine maintenance and servicing of systems in customer facilities.
- The timely provision of customer support, fault finding and working to minimise downtime.
- Ensuring the workshop and all equipment is clean, well maintained and stored correctly.
- Complying with all relevant DeGould and customer processes, including meeting standards for quality control, accounting, H&S and documentation.
Detailed duties of the role include:
- Managing stakeholder communications, including liaising with customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Proactively managing customer expectations with clear and accurate communication.
- Delivering against the agreed project KPIs, including time and cost.
- Ensuring a positive image at all times by making sure uniforms, vehicles, equipment and workplaces are organised and clean.
- Checking and validating the statement of work, organising any site-specific setup and installation steps.
- Validating QA tests have been correctly completed.
- Selecting the right system options, packing and transport.
- Delivering the installation, training and commissioning, ensuring customer sign off and handover.
- Ongoing support and maintenance including providing out of hours support by being ‘on call’;
- Executing tasks on-site and in the workshop, including electrical engineering, assembly and testing.
- Measuring product performance onsite and feeding back insights to the Engineering and Product team;
- Collaborating with other teams to continuously improve the company’s products and develop new ones.
- Testing new ideas and helping to run experiments both in the field and the lab.
- Implementation of site health and safety, risk assessments and method statements.
- Keeping accurate records in accordance with DeGould’s CRM, ISO9001 and 140001 standards.
- Supporting testing and preparing documentation to meet accreditation requirements.
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required to fulfil DeGould’s commitments to customers and achieve the overall objectives of the business.
- Full UK Driver’s License with residency in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.
- Knowledge and practical experience working in the built environment and construction industry.
- Able to plan projects, manage time, and resources, and work to deadlines.
- Drive and determination to get the job done.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Experience in quality control or health and safety requirements.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Diligent – meticulous, conscientious in their approach to work.
- Professional – carrying out the duties above to the required standards.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast-paced, changing and opportunity-rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Competitive salary and benefits include:
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible on early/late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays).
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension auto-enrolment after 3 months of service.
Please apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.