Job Title: Inventory Controller
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Location: DeGould Ltd, Exeter
Reporting to the Procurement Manager (PM), coordinate material into DeGould Ltd, stores activities and inventory management control to minimise manufacturing material shortages and maintain inventory accuracy. Support the PM with purchase orders, material requirements and supplier performance maintenance to achieve system accuracy.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
- Coordinate with the PM to ensure that materials are received in good condition, logged accurately, and stored in the correct location.
- Control the distribution of material and ensure job allocation is correct.
- Coordinate with the PM to ensure material availability is aligned with the master schedule.
- Maintain stock accuracy.
- Documentation control – Purchase requisition, delivery notes and C of C.
- Coordinate material serial number control using the company’s management system.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to maintain inventory controls to limit material shortages and meet sales order commitments.
- Create Purchase Orders on the company’s material management system.
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory.
- Carry out monthly stock checks/ cycle counts.
- Working with PM to deliver monthly stock reports to the finance department.
- Carry out warranty returns for faulty products.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
- IT skills, with confidence using Microsoft Office and inventory management systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong communication
- Quality & Accuracy in all areas of work
- Being able to work independently when needed, but also as part of the team
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Leadership – leads by example through their own behaviour.
- Creative – open to new ideas and unafraid to try new approaches.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and uses data in decision making.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.