Job Title: Mechatronics Engineer
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Salary: Full Time, From £33k
DeGould is looking for an outstanding Mechatronics Engineer to join our expanding team and work on the
development of new automotive inspection systems. As a Mechanical Engineer at DeGould you will be working
closely with the product development team to design new products from concept to prototyping, production, and
deployment. In particular DeGould is looking for someone with an interest in mechanisms, actuators, robotics and /
/ or computer vision. You will be able to understand customer requirements and works towards KPIs, such as
adhering to the deployment timeline, cost of manufacturing and ease of installation & service.
About the Company:
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients. As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working can be agreed.
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays).
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension auto enrolment after 3 months service.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research customer use cases and determine product requirements.
- Conduct engineering analysis, complete calculations and tests.
- Create and develop electrical / mechanical designs using CAD.
- Perform computer simulations and experiments to virtually test and refine the design.
- Specify and design electrical / mechanical systems and components.
- Design in compliance to international standards (UL/CE/UKCE/NFPA)
- Design for manufacture, assembly and installation.
- Review and propose improvements to electrical / mechanical drawings.
- Supervise the development of physical prototypes for testing.
- Manage project timelines, resources, and budgets.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure designs meet manufacturing and serviceability needs.
- Prepare technical reports, design specifications documents, and operating manuals.
- Keep abreast of the latest advancements in technology, design trends, and engineering best practices.
- BEng or MEng Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, or able to demonstrate equivalent skillset.
- Outstanding CAD and Solid Works skills.
- Sound knowledge of design and engineering principles, and best practices.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Empathy – able to put themselves in the shoes of others.
- Creative – open to new ideas and demonstrate good design skills in their work.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexible – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.