Job Title: Paint Engineer
Company: DeGould, Exeter
Location: Onsite/Remote (Midlands preferred)
Reports to: Data Manager
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an outstanding Paint Engineer to spend time onsite and then remote working from home or the office, working with the Machine Learning and Commercial teams to deliver a high-quality flow of image data from product to machine learning models. The successful candidate will be supporting the training of machine learning models by accurately categorising content, labelling images, annotating data and analysing results to identify insights and trends. The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver with an eye for detail, using their quality inspector experience to ensure there is high standards for quality, and they should have a real desire to work with a product data pipeline.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various visual and functional checks onsite
- Perform reworks following a detailed work instruction
- Document the results and comply with the valid quality standards
- Labelling and annotating images by drawing boxes to highlight areas of interest.
- Report and document issues with data annotation and discuss solutions to improve the data pipeline.
- Work with the team to assess and improve the accuracy of machine learning models
- Contribute to workflow process and policy improvements for effective image data management.
- Setting up image annotation and labelling pipelines for use in machine learning applications.
- Implement techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy.
- Analyse datasets to extract insights and trends, preparing reports to disseminate the results.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems with customer feedback.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to improve processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Empathy with customer experiences and feedback.
- Previous experience in Paint Inspection, Production and/or Manufacturing positions
- Familiarity with AWS S3, Python.
- Experience with labelling tools such as Labelbox, CVAT, or AWS Groundtruth.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – capable of working through the detail when required.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.