Python Engineer (Computer Vision / OpenCV)
Job Title: Python Engineer (Computer Vision / OpenCV)
Company: DeGould, Exeter
Location: Exeter / Hybrid / Remote Working
Reports to: Head of Computer Vision and Research
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an outstanding Python Engineer with an understanding of OpenCV (or the desire to learn) and interest in imaging / photography. The successful candidate will join the Computer Vision team and work alongside a multidisciplinary Engineering team to research, design, implement, and deploy scalable computer vision and image processing solutions. You will implement state of the art concepts for sensor fusion, defect characterisation and data analysis, as well as designing tools and processes for other teams to implement.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, debug and maintain Python software to support the camera and computer vision stack.
- Work on the Camera software pipeline running on the target product platform, to deliver high resolution images at high framerate to a range of consuming devices (CPU, GPU, hardware compressors and image processors).
- Document test cases, expected results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams/business partners to resolve testing problems.
- Support the development of state-of-the-art vision algorithms and design solutions for business problems, including detailed technical specifications.
- Stay tuned to the forefront of technology to research, analyse, and contribute to the product development roadmap and new feature development.
- Responsible for understanding and analysing different Computer Vision (CV) and 3D Point Cloud algorithms to select the best in class and implement them.
- Algorithm implementation and system integration within existing frameworks and system.
- Designing, setting up and running experiments, analysing and disseminating results.
- Working with the Engineering and Operations team to test products and analyse performance.
- Building tools and processes that the Operations team can use to commission the company’s products.
- Assist in the definition of team processes and strategies and serve as technical resource on the team.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or the ability to demonstrate a similar skillset.
- Proficient in Python, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Computer Vision Frameworks such as OpenCV
- Strong knowledge of camera and imaging concepts such as focal length, focus, aperture, motion blur, ISO.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand and write algorithms in C++.
- Familiarity with PCL and Open3D frameworks.
- Understanding of camera/system calibration techniques and 3D sensing technologies such as stereo vision, LiDAR, depth sensing, image projection.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or Mercurial.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and uses data in decision making.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Please apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.