Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Job Title: Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Company: DeGould, Exeter
Location: Exeter / Hybrid / Remote Working
Reports to: Head of Computer Vision and Research
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an outstanding Computer Vision Engineer to join the expanding team and work on the development of new automotive inspection systems. Computer Vision technology is at the heart of the company’s automation systems. As a Computer Vision Engineer at DeGould, you will be work with a multidisciplinary Engineering team to research, design, implement, and deploy scalable computer vision and image processing solutions. You will implement state of the art concepts for sensor fusion, defect characterisation and data analysis, as well as designing tools and processes for other teams to implement.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, debug and maintain Python and C++ software to support the computer vision and sensing stack.
- Analyse different Computer Vision (CV) and 3D Point Cloud algorithms to select the best in class.
- Develop and implement algorithms for CV and 3D localisation.
- Work on the high resolution camera software pipeline running on the target product platform.
- Designing, setting up and running experiments, analysing and disseminating results.
- Support the development of state-of-the-art computer vision and sensing algorithms.
- Design solutions for business problems, including preparing detailed technical specifications.
- Research and test new sensing capabilities (e.g., 3D or wide spectrum imaging).
- Stay tuned to the forefront of technology research, analyse, and contribute to the research roadmap.
- Work with the ML, Engineering and Operations team to develop products and analyse performance.
- Build tools and processes that the Operations team can use to commission the company’s products.
- Assist in the definition of team processes and strategies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the ability to demonstrate a similar skillset.
- Proficient in Python with a good knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Ability to understand and write algorithms in C++.
- Familiarity with Computer Vision Frameworks such as OpenCV, PCL, Open3D.
- Strong knowledge of camera and imaging concepts such as focal length, focus, aperture, motion blur, ISO.
- Familiarity with camera/system calibration techniques and 3D sensing technologies such as stereo vision, LiDAR, depth sensing, image projection.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or Mercurial.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and uses data in decision making.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Please apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.