Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Location: Exeter – Some Remote Working Possible
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an outstanding Embedded Systems Engineer to join our expanding team and work on the development of new automotive inspection systems. DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company in the software and AI sector with a range of blue-chip corporate clients, implementing innovative vision and damage detection systems. As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase, the company plans to expand its team, further develop existing products, and explore new opportunities.
Programmable Logic Controllers are at the heart of our automation systems. As an Embedded Systems Engineer at DeGould, you will be working closely with the engineering team to develop control systems (including electrical controls), write firmware or software programs close to the hardware, and conduct system testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement the software for embedded systems, from creation to deployment.
- Design and draft schematics.
- Read and interpret the current logical flow diagrams and propose improvements.
- Use automation software to write programs for Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs.
- Undertake testing and certify each release, ensuring strict version control.
- Develop and program HMI interfaces.
- Prepare documentation and user guides.
- Troubleshoot and debug real-time operating systems.
- Support the engineering team through system installations and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to optimise electrical design.
- Leading, mentoring, and organising the work of the embedded engineering team
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required to fulfil DeGould’s commitments to customers and achieve the overall objectives of the business.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or the ability to demonstrate a similar skillset.
- PLC programming skills (ideally knowledge of Allen Bradley / Siemens).
- Embedded systems and software in the context of industrial automation.
- Knowledge of electrical systems design (desirable).
- Knowledge of Ignition software (desirable).
- Ability to understand and write code in C# and C++ (desirable).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour,
accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast-paced, changing and opportunity-rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Competitive salary and benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (early/late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months of service.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.