DeGould Ltd is a multi-award-winning technology and innovation company working across the globe with some of the biggest names in the automotive industry, offering cutting edge and market-leading products. We provide solutions to OEMs and their supply chains for capturing vehicle damage at points of handover. Our mission is to add value for our customers by delivering market-leading Vehicle images and AI analytics.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our growing and dynamic team based in our Exeter office as a senior software developer, reporting directly to the head of software. The successful candidate will have excellent technical dexterity, and the ability to provide creative solutions that push technology to the limits and beyond.
You will have experience of overcoming many significant challenges and be able to demonstrate how you benefited from them.Duties/Expectations
• Write code for both our API (.NET WebAPI) and our front-end platform (Angular/NodeJS) on a daily basis
• Develop new user-facing features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Perform regular code reviews via Github Pull Requests
• Assist with data access queries from customers
• Provide support for queries related to our platform
• Configure Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment via our DevOps platform.
There will also be opportunities to work on other exciting projects such as using Machine Vision and Deep Learning tools for automated damage detection.Essential Experience
• Strong C#/.NET experience
• Strong HTML/CSS experience with an eye for design
• Experience working with SQL Server
• Experience working in an Agile development team
• Experience writing unit and end-to-end tests for both .NET and Angular
• Willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally to help further the team
• Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with and translate digital solutions to non-IT personnel
• Must be committed to making ‘anything possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Able to write Front End code that is cross-browser and cross-device friendly, through responsive or adaptive techniques is essential
• Experience using TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
• Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
• Familiarity with the .NET framework
• Knowledge of various design and architectural patterns