Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Job Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Company: DeGould, Exeter
Location: Hybrid / Remote Working
Reports to: Head of Software
Salary: Full Time, Competitive
DeGould is looking for an excellent Site Reliability Engineer, with a background in software, system engineering or systems administration. The successful candidate will bridge the gap between the development and operations side of the business increasing the efficiency and reliability of the company’s software systems, put in place processes and tools to improve workflow, while feeding into the design and development of new products to ensure they are robust and scalable.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays) +1 additional day for your birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing and developing production level code to develop new products and improve existing ones.
- Analyse logs, and respond to any issues, keeping stakeholders up to date.
- Prepare performance reports against KPIs and hold cross function meetings to disseminate results.
- Identify and find solutions for recurring problems.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Perform regular code reviews via Github Pull Requests.
- Configure Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment via our DevOps platform.
- Automate manual steps by designing, building and testing new tools and processes.
- Monitor the software development processes and increase efficiency.
- Provide cross team support to improve communication and focus on development.
- Identify opportunities to improve the underlying architecture and codebase.
- Support the implementation of changes to the architecture and codebase.
- Degree in a relevant Software or Engineering discipline, or the ability to demonstrate a similar skillset.
- Proficient with AWS and coding in Python.
- Broad knowledge of coding (C++, C#, .NET, SQL, etc desirable).
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in DevOps.
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Inquisitive – looks into data to identify insights and new opportunities.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and uses data in decision making.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.
Please apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV. No recruitment agents thank you.