Job Title: Software Tester
Team: Software Development
Location: Exeter / Remote Working
Reports to: Head of Software Development
The Software Tester is involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. Conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose without any bugs or issues before its deployed to DeGoulds worldwide user base. Handling support requests from customers and the engineering team.
DeGould is an exciting, multi-award-winning company, in the software and AI sector. The company develops and delivers innovative vision and damage detection systems to a range of blue-chip corporate clients (including Toyota, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler and Bentley). As the company embarks on an exciting growth phase the company plans to expand the team, further develop existing products, and explore opportunities for new ones.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working hours (early / late start).
- 25 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays), +1 additional day for your Birthday.
- Life assurance/death in service of 4 times basic salary
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Pension contributions after 3 months service.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Map software requirements to test results.
- Report on software performance and bugs, tracking performance KPIs.
- Work with software developers to deliver and maintain a high-quality product.
- Write and execute testing scripts.
- Run both manual and automated tests.
- Test in various environments including desktop and mobile.
- Working and switching between multiple projects at any one time.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve software bugs and issues.
- Setup DeGould software on fresh servers.
- Support customers by troubleshooting issues raised on DeGould Systems.
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required to fulfil DeGould’s commitments to customers and achieve the overall objectives of the business.
- Clear and accurate communication skills.
- Experience of automated testing tools such as Selenium or Appium.
- Some familiarity with software languages such as C# (expertise not required!).
- Ability to spot issues that others may have missed.
- Good working knowledge of using Windows 10, Windows 11
- Familiarity of testing on iOS and Android.
- A willingness to learn and openness new experiences.
- Knowledge of agile product development.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually
As an employee of DeGould Ltd, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes. In addition, and in relation to this role it is expected that the successful candidate will exhibit these behaviours:
- Leadership – leads by example through their own behaviour.
- Creative – open to new ideas and unafraid to try new approaches.
- Analytical – capable of working through detail and uses data in decision making.
- Flexibility – thriving in a fast paced, changing and opportunity rich environment.
- Collaborative – enthusiastically works with colleagues and customers alike.
- Dependable – deliver on stakeholder commitments in a timely manner.